15" Hex Series AR-15 Key Mod Free Float Handguard (HG-0922230
The FireHogl Gen 3 Tactical series handguard was developed because data shows by consumers that bulky, full picatinny rails were outdated, heavy and clunky. FireHog has developed an affordable ultra light key-mod style with 2 free accessory rails. These handguards are engineered to provide you with a lightweight, ultra-thin attractive looking handguard. These gen 3 guards features anti-rotation tabs that lock into the barrel nut, 2 x 3" keymod accessory rails, Cooling slots have been added to provide you with maximum airflow preventing the barrel from overheating during sustained periods of shooting.
Features and Specifications:
- 15" Free Float Key-Mod Handguard
- Lightweight Design
- Integrally machined anti-rotation Tabs
- 1-Piece Free Float Design
- 1.47" Ultra-Thin Profile with 1.306 Internal Diameter
- Machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Type III Class 2 Hard Coat Anodized
- Overall Length 12.1875"
- Overall Weight 10.96 Ounces including barrel nut and 2 accessory rails
- Matte Black
AR-15 Pattern Rifles
1. Insert barrel into receiver...
2. Tighten barrel nut to receiver
3. Using an Armorer’s wrench tighten to 25-30 lbs with loctite and align gas tube index notch
4. Use a barrel shim if you can not get it to align properly (sold separately)
5. Install the gas block assembly
6. Slide on the handguard align the notches
7. Tighten the friction nuts down to 15-20 lbs (use blue loctite)